Abwaab | Academic Advisor
An open opportunity for an Academic Advisor to join our team in our mission that is defined for the purpose of changing the way students learn outside the classroom and unleashing the human potential in the MENA region.
We are looking for a candidate who is seeking an exciting and challenging experience in growing with an Edtech company; someone with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to work with a solid diverse group of people across our organization with a professional and positive attitude.
We provide education services to school students that help with time management and holds them accountable to their progress in education, and empowers our students with good study habits and an effective toolbox to help them become responsible, independent and creative learners, therefore supporting parents with their children's education.
- Providing academic advice within a scheduled plan in weekly live sessions
- Making live sessions with the students within prepared structure
- Individual 1:1 advising with all students on a weekly basis
- Ensuring that all students complete their academic assignments on a daily basis
- Making recommendations based on their pain points
- Communicating with parents to inform them of their children's academic progress
- Discovering the different personalities of students, and supporting them in addressing their learning, time management or other challenges
- Monitoring, tracking and updating daily activities and metrics
Requirements and skills:
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree or being in the last year of university in one of the fields of educational sciences, such as: Counseling and Mental Health, Education Technology, Psychology, Sociology or any related major.
- Other Academic majors such as Biology, Mathematics, Languages are also welcome to apply.
- Previous work/internship experience is a huge plus.
- Good knowledge in Excel.
- CRM knowledge is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the local student environment and needs.
- Having a background in elementary, middle, and secondary schools curriculums
- Flexibility and patience
- Emotional intelligence
- Interest in education and investment in students' learning